Sunday, July 15, 2012

feeling blind n girly

There are certain things Ill miss trying to do when i lose more of my sight,.
its doing my nails.


For my friends its seriously the girliest thing I do  but i really love it.


For sometime I couldn't really grow them, that and i just figured since my eyes were so bad why really try. Over the last year and with the inspiration of a friend Monika I started to really like doing them more. I would come home and sit and relax, paint my nails or file them and relax. When I came in to work my friend Lucy would notice them and always compliment them, it meant so much to even have them noticed.


I'm not going to lie I've had to get so close to them i have indeed had nail polish on my nose, but i didn't care. I found that if i took my time with a ton of light and patience i could paint them myself and i was so excited!


For other woman its easy to do your nails but for me it is a huge deal. 


I started collecting colors, then it was glitter and top coats and nail art! I found I like the glitter more because i can see the nails shine.My friends started to see how much this taken for granted ability by others had made me feel so much better. 

some of my nail collection


When i lost my box of nail polish in the move one of my best friends Brie even sent me a care package with nail polish.


I was talking to my husband  the day i found out I also had RP and I asked him," would you learn to paint my nails so when my sight is gone  i can still have pretty nails?" He said of course.

I may not be able to really see my hair color any more, or paint the best nails, but I will continue to try to stay girly going blind or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment