Wednesday, March 23, 2011

If i couldnt paint one more canvas, if i couldnt see to touch the paint,..

Ive been having this weird tingling in my eyes thru these past few months. On top of my stargdratds macular dystrophy i feel like my eyes are falling asleep. The Doctor said its a normal symptom of the cervicogenic migraines. I asked him when id be able to paint again, his response was a typical doctor telling me the first step was to reduce my pain.

I know he is doing the right doctor type thing but i want to keep creating. As an artist maybe because of my lack of vision or maybe more importantly the unwanted fear of a block i don't want to stop.Ive had these tingles of inspiration here and there the last week. I keep having them so i assume its my mind wanting me to put it on canvas. I have the 9 muses canvas/sculpture art to make,  a solo sculpture of myself  ( which will no doubtingly be harder then the face cast) but i have these ideas for bright bold color.

I said to my mom in a conversation last month " but mom i don't paint colors because i cant really see them or the true shades, it'd have to be bold Bright and over the top so i could see them"

"So,..do it anyway" she said

Simple response to an emotion filled statement. Shes right I think because Ive painted what i can see I'm more afraid of stepping out and painting with the colors i can and cannot see. I mean its inevitable that colors merge together, that mixing happens . I cant just go primary and secondary can i?? Maybe the colors that form that i cant see in that case just becomes part of the art?

Its so hard  i don't really have much  color paint here at home and at the moment I'm sorta of housebound. With the cervico migraines of doom day time light is a trigger for more pain, straining here now at the comp strains the muscle putting pressure on my spine which is more pain and painting over the easel, sadly not going to happen.  I feel though if i dont get back to it it may be lost forever, i don't want to waste any gift of creativity on fear ill never get it back or wont be able to paint.

<here is my rock,.. and yeah over there> that's my hard place,..

I have to find some way to do it now matter what, its how or when that's up in the air

1 comment:

  1. hey rach, i think you should definitely pursue this desire to paint with color. colors would be a great outlet for your emotions, especially using the bolder colors. i can't wait to see what comes of this!

    ReplyDelete