Monday, February 27, 2012

the exquisitly LARGE touch of braille?

so as i sit in my "home" studio and work on my sketching process i am working on the new process or putting braille onto the new piece. i have done the smaller braille pieces and i really enjoyed how much even the sighted viewers were touche by them.  so now i feel it is important to incorporate it into this canvas so the words i feel are important or descriptions or felt throughout the scene

when you see other modern art those artist have words written everywhere, why cant i have braille in mine? its serving for me many additional purposes for more then just visual but also to communicate to those who cant see the whole of the piece.

the process of doing this i have many ideas, and there is already trial and error in thought but  I'm determined to do it and make this even more accessible.

I've had a co-worker who found out about my work ask for a picture but its a little to early just yet. I'm still sketching and applying layers in process. At the moment i have laid out my work space on my wall where the canvas will be with the drafting tape and have the vellum paper and sketches, not all but some. i have the idea for this first piece but not revealing till I'm far enough along here for the first video blog and or photos. I'll be inviting photographers in to follow the process this time.  ill be using models again and documenting there sessions as well. I will also be inviting those who are visually impaired locally to come and experience the art closer to the end of the process to get their  response and reaction  to the piece.

i couldn't be happier with this whole series of reinventing shadows i feel its a wonderful freeing experience not just for me but hopefully for all who come to see it and watch as i create it.

thank you to everyone who is following this is means so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment