Monday, January 30, 2012

isolation

i think being as i am and a artist i have always surrounded my self with people and friends. im quite social and i love being that friend that says something silly and outrageous to make you laugh when your having a bad day. I've kept myself around people  that understand me to always  help me read things, or to know how i try to be overly independent with my low vision.  but on the other side of that coin ive realized that when it comes to creating i need utter and complete isolation, and i find it comforting.

unless im on my final state of a piece or working on a casting i find i get very self conscoius. Even in front of my own husband as if im in this very volunerable state  and i fear any comments til im done. Maybe its because my whole process is diffrent, i start in as much detail as i can ever possibly see then i begin the process of taking over my image in shadow. it never looks the way it started. and sure i could show the detailed  sketches i make but it is only me  faking the shadng that i cant see, and for me it wouldnt be real.

ive looked at me pieces over these past 6 months or so and said several times, i need more from this. Every artist get to some point when they dont want to stop  but begin to feel stale at the same time. So here i am workign on creating my own isolated space in this chaotic  apartment to go back to my basics and begin putting together all the tools and ingrediants i need for the new faze of my work. It feels amazing to finally look at it and have an answer to were i wanted it to go.

There is something wonderful about sitting in a quiet house alone and sketching and working on ideas and getting them worng,

every time this happens i get closer to where it needs to be. here i need to bring my ideas and works together to create one unified idea and set of works  and the beginning of the process is overwhelming and wonderful.
Aphrodite sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment